Top 4 Best Spectracide Terminate Products
9 minutes to read | Updated for 2018
If your home has a termite problem, you’re not alone.
An estimated 600,000 households share your plight too. But it isn’t just the only issue. They also damage other structures and agricultural crops with costs at about $30 billion each year. That’s why it’s essential to get the infestation under control quickly and thoroughly.
Spectracide manufactures a line of products that can help. Most kill on contact for optimal effectiveness. Because these pests are so elusive, you may have your best success with a multi-faceted solution than only one type. Our Spectracide Terminate 2018 review offers additional tips and information for getting the most out of these insecticides.
What’s In This Guide
- The package includes 15 stakes which are enough to protect a one-story house up to 1,200 square foot.
- They last 12 months.
- If you have a Formosan subterranean termite infestation, you should replace them every month instead.
- You can use it both as a preventive and solution for an active problem.
- They include pheromones to increase their usefulness.
- It is an EPA-registered pesticide.
- You’ll find the spent stakes quickly with their locator shields and pop-up indicators.
- They are easy to use.
- You must use it with other products to get rid of the pests entirely.
- It contains 16 ounces.
- The active ingredients are lambda-cyhalothrin and prallethrin.
- The product kills on contact with the pests.
- It expands to increase its reach and killing power.
- It is affordable.
- It also acts on carpenter bees.
- The spray is non-staining.
- You’ll use this termiticide quickly if you have a severe problem.
- It contains 32 ounces of concentrate.
- It has enough pesticide for 64 gallons or 16,000 square feet of coverage.
- Read the label for specific mixing instructions.
- You can use it as an insect barrier around your home.
- Its residual effects last up to eight weeks.
- It kills other nuisance pests such as carpenter bees and ants.
- The versatility of a concentrate allows you to target specific insects.
- It’s EPA-registered.
- You cannot apply it to areas near water or wetlands because it, especially if a risk of runoff exists.
- It comes in a 1.33-gallon size.
- The filled container weighs just over 12 pounds.
- You can use it both indoors and outdoors.
- The power behind the spray allows you to reach inaccessible areas where pest may lurk.
- It kills insects on contact.
- It provides nine months of residual control when used indoors.
- It is both non-staining and odorless though we recommend testing it before applying it.
- The replacement costs for the batteries will add up over time.
find an exterminator near youEnter your zip code to find top rated local pest control