Best Possum Deterrents
9 minutes to read | Updated for 2018
Possums usually aren’t a problem. They’re relatively docile and are not aggressive. However, they can become a nuisance and cause considerable damage.
Getting rid of them sometimes presents a challenge because they’re shy and active at night. Often, the best approach is to prevent an issue in the first place to avoid the hassle.
Deterrents are an effective option for dealing with these pests that is hands-off and easy to use. It’s more humane than using poisons without the additional headaches that it entails. Unlike other animals, possums don’t pose the same risk with rabies as other mammals like bats. Nevertheless, it’s worthwhile getting rid of them to prevent any other issues.
Our Top 3 Best Possum Deterrents 2018 review provides with information on the products with a proven track record of effectiveness. Learn more about how they work and the ways to use them.
What’s In This Guide
- It comes in a 20-pound bag
- It covers 12,000 square feet.
- It is biodegradable.
- It provides a fertilizer source too.
- It is safe to use around pets.
- It works as advertised.
- It repels a variety of pests.
- It isn’t an option for gardeners who are vegetarian or vegan.
- It measures 9.4 x 4.7 x 2.7 inches.
- It has red flashing eyes and an optional wolf howl that sounds every half hour.
- It offers a safe alternative to chemical products.
- You can control some of its features like the howling sound.
- It changes the flashing pattern to prevent the pests from getting used to its presence.
- It starts automatically at dusk and stops at dawn.
- It charges through a mini solar panel.
- The howl doesn’t sound realistic.
- It uses four LED lights.
- It measures 5.4 x 5.3 x 2.9 inches.
- It recharges by solar power
- It is waterproof.
- The light is visible 500 yards away to keep pests from entering your yard.
- It comes with a satisfaction guarantee and a one-year warranty.
- It is well-made and sturdy.
- It is not motion-activated and requires moving it for maximum effectiveness.
find an exterminator near youEnter your zip code to find top rated local pest control