Amdro Ant Killer Review
9 minutes to read | Updated for 2018
Ant infestations can be hard to conquer. It may seem like no matter how many you kill; they just keep coming back. And a fire ant problem? That’s twice as hard.
40 years of expertise back Amdro’s line of fire ant and ant control products and has become a popular name. The brand works quick, which is just what someone with an ant problem needs.
We have reviewed some of their top products to make your choice easier.
- Easy to use
- Bait attracts fire ants and tastes like food.
- Slow-acting poison in the bait allows ants to bring it back to their colony.
- The poison will kill the entire colony and the queen.
- Works quickly.
- A little bit goes a long way.
- Bait will become ineffective in the rain.
- Requires a little more effort than other methods.
Fire ants are unpleasant and difficult to get rid of. A product that can do so is a good product. Amdro’s fire ant bait is effective and simple; it gets the job done with little hassle. We give this product a 4.5/5.
- Easy to use.
- Forms a protective barrier so ants can’t get into your home.
- Doubles as bait to attack ants and their colony.
- Slow-acting bait allows time for ants to return home with poison.
- Covers up to 540 linear feet.
- Kills 15 ant species, including fire and carpenter ants.
- Not good to use around household pets.
- Not weatherproof.
It can be hard to find a product that will attack this many kinds of ants, especially fire ants and carpenter ants. Amdro has succeeded in making a product that successfully destroys 15 different species while providing excellent perimeter control. We give this product a 4.8/5.
- Easy to use and hassle-free.
- Effective poison attracts household ants.
- Slow-acting poison attacks the colony.
- Good for indoor and outdoor use.
- It’s possible for smaller ant species to have difficulty getting out of the trap to spread the poison.
The bait and poison are highly effective tools in ridding you of your ant problem. However, users have seemed to have trouble with the packaging, reporting that ants get stuck in it or that it is difficult to open. For these reasons, we give this product a 3.8/5.
- Stakes can be pressed into the ground for secure perimeter.
- Bait in the stakes attracts household ants.
- The slow-acting poison allows them to bring their colony back.
- Attacks the entire colony, including the queen.
- Protects gardens and flower beds as well as homes.
- Should not be used around pets.
Customers come across very few problems when using this product. Its stakes make it easy to secure the stations in place, and the bait is highly effective and attractive. Useful as perimeter control as well, we give this product a 4.6/5.
- Long lasting control.
- Contact killer.
- Perimeter control.
- Kills up to 500 different types of insects.
- Easy to use.
- No mixing or measuring required.
- Some users report malfunctions with the nozzle.
A highly effective solution for a diverse problem of more than just ants, Amdro’s lawn spray takes care of any insect issue you may have. With long-lasting results, perimeter control, and contact killing, we give this product a 4.8/5.
find an exterminator near youEnter your zip code to find top rated local pest control