Advion Ant Gels Review
6 minutes to read | Updated for 2018
Advion is a trusted line of insect-killing products. If you’re looking to tackle a tough infestation with a powerful brand, Advion may be the one for you.
Read on to learn about some of Advion’s best gel products for killing ants. Ant problems are annoying and tough, but it shouldn’t be hard to get rid of them!
- Easy to use with no setup.
- Mess-free and leaves no residue.
- Odorless stations.
- Several stations come in one pack.
- Gel attracts ants and ant colonies.
- Slow-acting active ingredient allows ants to pass on to the colony.
- Several customers reported ants ignoring the product.
These bait stations are as simple as it gets. With no steps to set up, all you have to do is remove from the package and place where you see ants. Odorless and mess-free, this simple product seems to be the height of ease. However, several customer reviews report the stations to be ineffective. For this reason, we give the product 3.8/5.
- Easy to use.
- Forms a protective barrier so ants can’t get into your home.
- Doubles as bait to attack ants and their colony.
- Slow-acting bait allows time for ants to return home with poison.
- Covers up to 540 linear feet.
- Kills 15 ant species, including fire and carpenter ants.
- Not good to use around household pets.
- Not weatherproof.
It can be hard to find a product that will attack this many kinds of ants, especially fire ants and carpenter ants. Amdro has succeeded in making a product that successfully destroys 15 different species while providing excellent perimeter control. We give this product a 4.8/5.
- Fast-acting poison.
- Powerful enough to destroy entire fire ant colonies.
- Used as both broadcasted yard treatment and specific mound treatment.
- Effective through every life stage.
- Attracts fire ants.
- Higher price point.
- Active ingredients are rendered ineffective when wet.
- Not safe to use around pets
It’s no secret that Advion’s fire ant bait is strong and effective; it gets the job done. Used for both full yard and specific mound treatment, this product will attract and kill any fire ant. With a higher price point and a formula that’s not waterproof, we give this product a 4.5/5.
find an exterminator near youEnter your zip code to find top rated local pest control